RE: effective way to ask for reader feedback on a help topic

Subject: RE: effective way to ask for reader feedback on a help topic
From: <mbaker -at- analecta -dot- com>
To: "'Mike Starr'" <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 17:16:35 -0400

Putting the writer's name on a topic is not about directing comments to that
writer. It is about humanizing the relationship between the reader and the
writer. People trust people more than they trust companies and they are more
likely to direct comments to a person, who they think may actually read
them, than to a corporation that they are convinced will not.

But notice the most important thing about this message. Aaron is a **search
expert**. It is asserting the expertise of the writer of the page. Google
knows that people want to hear from experts, not from generic tech writers
who don't actually understand what they are writing about. Personal access
to an actual expert is what is being sold here. That is what we should be
paying attention to.

Mark