Question about Word 2000

Subject: Question about Word 2000
From: Guy <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:32:40 -0800

I've been using FrameMaker for 11 years or so, and I'm very comfortable with it. But I'm a rank rookie with Word.

My wife produces a newsletter. She asks me to convert it to PDF, because I have full Acrobat on my system.

She is running Word2000 on Windows 2000; I am running it on Windows 98.

A page that she formats carefully on her system sometimes runs longer on my system, so it spills to the next sheet -- I have to find ways to shave length off it without grossly affecting the layout.

We have the same fonts -- no just fonts that look the same, but the same fonts.

I must assume that my Word has some niggly configuration settings that differ from hers. Can a Word guru out Techwr-Land give me any clues about what to look for? Thanks.

--
Guy K. Haas
guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com | gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net