Re: FramaMaker Templates

Subject: Re: FramaMaker Templates
From: "Jane Bergen" <jbergen1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Kalpana Thakar" <kalpana_tc -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "Techwr-L List" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:07:08 -0600

Kalpana,

Have you ever used FrameMaker to create a new document? It asks, as
does Word, for a template on which to base the new document. So to
answer your first question, it works in a similar manner.

As for your statement about separate chapters in separate document
files, this method is only one way to create a document in Frame. You
can certainly have the entire document in a single file, although you
will be limited in formatting/layout. Frame does have the "section"
concept of Word, so this is why FrameMaker users resort to the
separate files. Unlike Word, FrameMaker's book feature works. Word's
book feature (the "Master Document" approach) is badly constructed and
will corrupt your file(s) eventually. Search the archives if you want
a glimpse at those who have been there and done that.

You can import styles in both Word and FrameMaker.

Jane Bergen