RE: TW Jobs in NJ

Subject: RE: TW Jobs in NJ
From: "Wells, Carol D" <carol -dot- wells -at- eds -dot- com>
To: "'Techwhirler'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>, "'ealett -at- holisticmath -dot- com'" <ealett -at- holisticmath -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 15:02:17 -0400

Elizabeth--

I understand that there used to be a Central NJ chapter, but it is inactive
(see http://stc.org/region2/njc/www/ for contact info if you are interested
in reviving this chapter).

I live in PA and belong to the Philadelphia chapter, but sometimes it would
be closer for me to go to NJ, than to where the Philadelphia meetings are,
and I'm sure that would be the case for you as well. For instance, looking
at the NYC chapter, their next meeting is in Parsippany, NJ, which is 43
miles away from Princeton (according to Yahoo! maps). The last Philadelphia
meeting was in Plymouth Meeting, PA, which is 44 miles away from Princeton.
Take your pick! Of course, not all meetings are in the same place, they
vary them so to draw different people around the region. Some of these
meetings will be even closer to you, some farther away. If you are
interested in going to meetings to network, I would suggest going to as many
meetings in both chapters as you can.

Just thought it was interesting that on the Philadelphia chapter's job list
(http://stc.org/region2/phi/) they list 5 openings...2 in PA, and 3 in NJ.
One of them was right there in Princeton! You don't have to be a member of
a particular chapter to use their job listings, by the way.

Hope this helps!
Carol Wells
EDS Philadelphia Solution Centre