Re: Word 97 -- Borders around text?

Subject: Re: Word 97 -- Borders around text?
From: "D. Joan Leib" <pisces -at- CHANNEL1 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:30:34 -0400

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Jan Stanley wrote:

> >If you select Format | Borders and Shading, you can put a "box"
> around the text, but have only the portion you are interested in
> contain a visible line.<
>
> Doesn't work for me, Lynn. When I click one of the "line"
> buttons in the Preview section of the Borders and Shading dialog,
> *all* of the buttons get depressed.

The same thing happened to me... when "Text" was selected in the "Apply
to" box. When you change that to "Paragraph," it works.

Here's another solution that I found at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q145/1/49.asp:

Highlight the line you want to underline. Select Format, Tabs. Click Clear
All. Then, in the "Tab stop position" box, type a number representing the
width of the underline you want. Under Alignment, click Right. Under
Leader, click 4. Click Set and then OK. Press End to go to the end of the
line. Press Enter, Tab, then Enter again. It should insert a line whose
length is the tab stop you specified.

HTH
-joan
pisces -at- channel1 -dot- com