Re: Word 97 -- Borders around text?

Subject: Re: Word 97 -- Borders around text?
From: "D. Joan Leib" <pisces -at- CHANNEL1 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:14:41 -0400

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Keith Long wrote:

> Is there a way to place a a "single-line" border under selected text in a
> Word 97 document? (Using the regular "underlining" feature of the word
> processor is not sufficient--as I need space between the line and text.)
> can place a "box" around text, but not a single line underneath (although
> can place a single line under a paragraph). Any advice is welcome! I
> suppose I will have to use the drawing tools to insert a line?

First, put a hard-return at the end of the line of text, so that Word
thinks it's a separate paragraph. Then, highlight the text and go to
Format, Borders and Shading. Click Custom. Make sure the drop-down shows
"Paragraph." Click the icon for the bottom line, or click between the two
markers on the diagram. (If you want, click Options to specify how much
space should be between the border and the text.) Click OK.

Of course, this will only work if you want the border to go under the
entire line of text. Otherwise, I can't help... sorry!

-joan
pisces -at- channel1 -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=