PowerPoint into Word 97 Problem

Subject: PowerPoint into Word 97 Problem
From: CarolAnn Hilton <Carolann -dot- Hilton -at- TRW -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:25:38 -0700

If anyone has suggestions on how to resolve the following issue they would be greatly appreciated.

We have a graphic we received from the customer that was done in PowerPoint. It shows the set-up of the file servers and workstations of the project for which we are contracted. The problem is that when I insert the PowerPoint slide into Word 97, some of the graphics disappear. Specifically, some of the little PCs at the ends of lines coming from the graphic showing the server just disappear. They don't show up on the screen and they don't show up in the printed document. It happens when I use Select All and Copy in PowerPoint, then Paste Special in Word. Has anyone encountered this problem before? If so, how did you resolve it.

Thanks.

Carol Ann Hilton
Technical Writer/Editor
TRW Systems & Information Technology Group

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000