Re: 'in queue' v. 'in the queue'

Subject: Re: 'in queue' v. 'in the queue'
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:34:07 -0400

Hallo:

I would use "in queue" to mean "waiting."

I would use "in the queue" to refer to a specific queue or waiting line. It
seems this use puts more emphasis on the queue itself, rather than the
people in it.

I suspect for your use, neither (neIther <g>) is wrong. Have you considered
"queuing up" as an alternative <vbg>?

All the best,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com