Re: File distribution

Subject: Re: File distribution
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:07:38 -0400

Hallo:

You need a special utility to view any file type. You a web browser viewing
utility, for example, to see a web site. You need the winhel32.exe viewing
utility to see Windows help (non-HTML). Similarly, you need Adobe Acrobat
Reader to view PDFs.

So, pick the special utility you want your audience to use.

I distribute files as PDF because the Acrobat Reader is commonly found,
free, and freely distributable. I recommend that format for you.

All the best.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

<snips>

>>>want to distribute
>>>these diagrams in a format that enables users to view them
>>>online. As far as
>>>I know, you need a special utility to view print files and I
>>>don't want to
>>>ask users to load this utility on their computers.
>>>
>>>Any suggestions? Is there any way to convert print files to
>>>PDFs? That would
>>>make life so much easier.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=