Word 97 - TOC and page numbers

Subject: Word 97 - TOC and page numbers
From: Debbie Packer <dpacker -at- STINGRAYBOATS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:58:52 -0400

I am creating a small help booklet using Microsoft Word and these page
numbers are driving me crazy!

No cover pages are included in this document. It simply starts with the
Table of Contents, which is two pages. The third page is the actual
beginning of my booklet. I would like to begin my page numbering on page
three and call it page 1. However, when I add the page numbers, Word insists
on the following:

TOC page 1 - no page number
TOC page 2 - page 2
Book page 1 - page 1
Book page 2 - page 2
etc.

Does anyone know of a way around this? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Before anyone suggests that I don't use Word as a solution - I do not have a
choice in this case - another software package is not an option (despite the
fact that I would prefer another package).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Debbie Packer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=