Re: My Thank You Just Got Me The Position

Subject: Re: My Thank You Just Got Me The Position
From: Ivan Gelicall <ivan_gelicall -at- HOTBOT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 10:39:53 -0700

All:

I just spent the last 3 weeks interviewing with a company that wanted a technical writer. I was told from the outset that they were looking at more than one candidate for the position and that they would choose a candidate carefully. If they were not satisfied with any of the potential candidates, they would start the process over. "They would not hire someone for the sake of hiring them."

I worked hard, studied the company, and prepared myself for each interview. After each interview, I asked for the interviewee s card. I then headed back to my office and composed a thank you note telling the interviewee that I really enjoyed meeting with them and expressing my interest in the job. Since I interviewed with six people, I had to write six separate thank you letters catered to each individual.

I was offered the job yesterday, and what put me above the other candidates was those thank you letters, not only did they set me apart but they proved that I had a flexible writing style, which doesn t always come across in samples.

IG

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=