Re: Word 97 - TOC and page numbers

Subject: Re: Word 97 - TOC and page numbers
From: Diane Giangrossi <dgiangrossi -at- BAKERHILL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:06:31 -0500

I think the trick is this: Make sure that you have a section break after the
TOC, before the booklet text begins. Go to your footer (or your header,
depending on where the page numbering is. While you're in header/footer
view, one of the icons is a little numbered page with a hand holding it;
click on it to bring up the Page Number Format dialog box. (There's probably
another way to get to it, but that's how I access it.) Now, for the body of
the booklet, you want there to be page numbering, so make sure that you've
inserted the page number field and then select 1 in the Start At drop-down
list. For the TOC, make sure that you delete the page number field in the
header or footer.

If that doesn't make sense, or doesn't work, let me know, and I'll try to
help further.

dgiangrossi -at- bakerhill -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=