(Job) Excellent Seattle Opportunity for dynamic Technical Writers!

Subject: (Job) Excellent Seattle Opportunity for dynamic Technical Writers!
From: Lisa Sorensen <lisas -at- OZ -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 19:46:55 -0700

If you're ready for a challenge, join this small, but dynamic and fun group
to create help for the next version of Mac Excel!

As a writer in this group you will be updating Excel 98 docs to comply with
new Office standards, porting Excel 2000 docs to the Macintosh platform, as
well as working on completely new material.

As a writer for MacWord you will:
* Create HTML Help.
* Write reference, procedural, and conceptual documentation.
* Obtain technical information from specifications, developers,
program managers, and other product groups to create help topics.
* Work closely with the editor and other members of the team to create
help that meets Office guidelines.

As a writer, you must have:
* A minimum of one year work related experience developing online
Help.
* A solid working knowledge of Office.
* Good understanding of Windows Help and/or HTML Help.
* Excellent writing, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English
or related field preferred. Work related experience may substitute for
degree.

If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore and you would
consider moving to the Seattle area, I'd like to speak with you directly; if
not, you may know of someone else who would be interested (we offer a $500
referral bonus). Please feel free to forward this message appropriately, or
contact me with any questions.

Meridian Partners (http://www.mpl.net) is a Microsoft Certified Solutions
Provider, specializing in e-business solutions, custom software development,
commercial Internet services, as well as project management and consulting
services. We are privately held and growing at an amazing rate (300% in the
past year alone). In fact, this year we were ranked # 1 by the Puget Sound
Business Journal on their list of Fastest-growing Companies by Employee
Growth in the state of Washington.

Meridian is always actively looking to recruit the best and the brightest
from around the world. Our employees work with clients such as Microsoft,
Intel, Ernst & Young, and Boeing as well as many smaller, cutting edge
software companies such as Punch Networks.

Our employees are full-time salaried professionals with comprehensive
benefits. We offer top-notch compensation packages including medical,
dental, vision and life insurance, matching 401(K), paid vacation, sick
leave and holidays. In addition, we provide a flexible work environment,
ongoing training and career development, tuition reimbursement, assistance
with sponsorship and relocation and pre-IPO stock options.

We have many openings at Meridian, please check out our website.

Lisa L. Sorensen mailto:lisas -at- mpl -dot- net
Meridian Partners Ltd. http://www.mpl.net
13201 Bel-Red Road
Bellevue, WA 98005
(425) 688-9754