Re: The Good Writer... (was Constructive Criticism)

Subject: Re: The Good Writer... (was Constructive Criticism)
From: "Thompson, Sarah" <SThompso -at- RESDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:14:06 -0600

Andrew Plato wrote:
> The fact is, you want to foster a better work place? Well guess where it
> starts? With you. Treat people the way you want to be treated. If you
don't
> like engineers sticking their noses into your work, then don't stick your
nose
> into their work. If you don't want advice, don't dish it out when it is
not
> requested. If you want to foster honest, constructive criticism, then
provide
> it in a professional and respectful manner.

I think that this post is wonderful! Andrew, thanks for putting so
succinctly what I think everyone knows (but doesn't always remember) -
change begins within ourselves. As my elementary-school principal used to
say, "If it's to be, it's up to me." (I know, incredibly hokey - it used to
annoy the heck out of me at age 10 - but I still remember and agree with it
after all these years.)

Thanks for taking the time to put this post together - it is a great
reminder of my part in making a better workplace (and home life, and family
life . . .).
st

Sarah Thompson
Resource Data International
Boulder, CO USA
sthompso -at- resdata -dot- com

"Curiosity is one of the most permanent and certain characteristics of a
vigorous mind." - Samuel Johnson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=