Re: Software for Documentation?

Subject: Re: Software for Documentation?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 13:18:21 -0700

You'd have to define "quality HTML (1)", but the
closest program I know that will DO all the items on
the list is FrameMaker.

> 1. Imports and exports quality HTML (not like MS
> Word)
>
> 2. Handles conditional text
>
> 3. Handles basic graphics and tables
>
> 4. Can be used on a Windows-based machine or a UNIX
> box
>
> 5. Imports and exports Word files
>
> Currently, all our documentation is on the Web in
> HTML format. We'd like to
> produce it in both HTML and PDF. Ideally, we would
> like to find an alternative to
> Powerpoint for creating our training in HTML.

(1) My definition of quality HTML is that it will be
read in all common browsers. There's a difference
between "quality HTML" and "quality HTML code". YMMV

===
John Posada
Western Union International
(w) jposada -at- westernunion -dot- com