Software for Documentation?

Subject: Software for Documentation?
From: Christine Pellar-Kosbar <chrispk -at- MERIT -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 15:55:12 -0400

Hi,

We're looking for a software package that does the following:

1. Imports and exports quality HTML (not like MS Word)

2. Handles conditional text

3. Handles basic graphics and tables

4. Can be used on a Windows-based machine or a UNIX box

5. Imports and exports Word files

Currently, all our documentation is on the Web in HTML format. We'd like to
produce it in both HTML and PDF. Ideally, we would like to find an alternative to
Powerpoint for creating our training in HTML.

Are we dreaming here? Is anyone out there creating documentation in HTML and PDF?
How do you do it? How do you maintain the files if you use two different programs?

Thanks in advance,
Christine Pellar-Kosbar

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=