ANNOUNCE: New Technical Editors' site

Subject: ANNOUNCE: New Technical Editors' site
From: Jean Weber <jhweber -at- WHITSUNDAY -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:47:07 +1000

After searching for some time for a website devoted to technical editing
(and not finding one), I have launched my own.

http://www.wrevenge.com.au/

This website is intended as a place for technical editors to:

* Share knowledge, experiences and resources

* Demonstrate to writers, managers and others the wide range of
knowledge and skills that technical editors have to offer

It is intended to complement, not duplicate, the excellent sites devoted
to technical writing. Some overlap is, of course, inevitable, because
there is so much overlap in what writers and editors do, the resources
they need, and the knowledge they share.

This site is in the early stages of development. At present it consists
mainly of a small selection of my own papers and editorial tip sheets
and a few links to sites with relevant information, but I intend to
expand the content significantly over the next few months. Some of the
material will be specific to Australia, but most of it will apply to
technical editing in general. I have not yet put any effort into page
layout, but I hope the site navigation is clear.

I welcome suggestions for topics to develop and resources to include in
the links, or any other comments you may care to make. Please send
suggestions and comments to me directly, rather than cluttering up the
list.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
Technical Editing and Writing Consultant
Australia
jhweber -at- whitsunday -dot- net -dot- au

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=