Re: Online Help question

Subject: Re: Online Help question
From: Mike Starr <mike -dot- starr -at- PLATINUM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:52:26 -0600

Hello, Deborah

I develop my online help systems as direct (pretty much) copies of hardcopy
documentation as well but I resolved that problem ages ago by not using
captions at all in the hardcopy. I've always felt they really didn't add much
value unless you couldn't place the table/graphic on the same or facing page of
the hardcopy and even then there are ways of getting around it. Sorry this
really doesn't answer your question but just thought you might like another
perspective on it.

However, don't you feel like you're going against the STC grain by doing things
that way?? I know I certainly do. If you listen to the conventional STC wisdom
out there, you can't possibly do it that way because you have to write it
"differently" for online help. I almost feel like a blasphemer at times <evil
grin>.

Mike

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=