Icons

Subject: Icons
From: Lorin Ledger <LLedger -at- NEWHORIZON -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:21:29 -0800

I have been asked to define/provide a set of icons for buttons for our
new payroll product. I have a few specific questions:

- should we use "x" for cancel or delete?
- what icons do you use for adding a record and deleting (i.e., sending
to a history log) a record?
- is there anywhere on-line that describes the ISO standards for icons?

Your general thoughts and philosophies on icons would also be
appreciated (please avoid religious fanaticism here).

As I subscribe to the digest version of the list, please send your
replies directly. I'll post a summary.

Thanks a million,

Lorin

Lorin C. Ledger
Technical Writer, New Horizon Technologies
lledger -at- newhorizon -dot- ca
Voice: (250) 712-9515 Ext. 507
Fax: (250) 712-9516

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=