Re: Word printing problem

Subject: Re: Word printing problem
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- GJCTECH -dot- FORCE9 -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 08:48:04 +0100

Jacqueline Porter wrote:

>We are having a problem with Word's footers. We are currently using
>version 7.0 on the PC. We have templates set up displaying information
>in the footer that work with U.S. 8 1/2 by 11 paper. The problem we are
>running into is when our international collegues try to print the
>documents on A2 paper, all the footers are lost. Has anyone run into
>this problem and found a solution? We have tried everthing over here
>short of throwing the computer out the window and storming Redmond.
>
>We have had the problem on both Macintosh and PC. And, converting to PDF
>is not an option, they have to be able to update the document in Europe.
---
The only time that I've had an entire footer not print is when going the
other way. That is, footers on a page formatted for A4 didn't print on US
Letter. Approximately, A4 is eight and a quarter inches wide x eleven and
two thirds inches long and the footer lay within the bottom inch.

Anything on a Letter page that lies within the right-hand half inch is
likely to be lost when printed onto A4. This is because A4 is approximately
a quarter inch narrower than Letter. To this, add the quarter inch
non-printing area for most printers to give the half an inch 'dead zone'.

If your documents must print on either US Letter or A4, then why not use Q4
paper size. This conceptual paper size is the same width as A4 and the same
height as US Letter. This size ensures that your text will fit onto
standard stock world-wide.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- force9 -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=