<Ventt...kinda long> Polish That Resume

Subject: <Ventt...kinda long> Polish That Resume
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:14:19 -0400

<vent>

Hi, all...

This is purely my opinion, so if you don't care to hear me vent about
something I've noticed lately, hit that delete button. G'head, I won't
be insulted...shoot, I won't even know!

Lately, I've noticed a number of postings from people that feel they've
been wronged in their work place...and if you read their posts, maybe
even fataly wounded.

People...look...it's OK to need a soft shoulder to cry on once in a
while, and if finding that shoulder in this forum gives you the ability
to go on with life, Cool...I have broad shoulders!

OTOH, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US has, at some time or another, come across
someone who doesn't interact with us the way we'd want them to. They may
not appreciate us, maybe even dis us privately or even in public.
Man...that's just part of the cost for playing with the grownups! If we
cannot handle it, then maybe we should still be sitting at the kiddie's
table.

However, while I see dribs and drabs of advice on how the professionals
address these injuries with constructive suggestions that allow you to
consider, implement, and move on with the job, what I'm seeing more amd
more of is "Whoa, bummer, dude...polish that resume and see a lawyer."

Jeez...I've never seen a work contract where there was a clause that
said you would never have to mentally battle some people you work
with/for/under/over/etc. Don't think of it as a battle...think of it as
a war. It may be OK to loose a battle...somnetimes it is even to your
benefit, but it's never OK to loose a war. You may loose the battle by
accepting a resolution or a detirmination you aren't please with, but
when you run away, you've lost the war and just like it took many years
for the US to get over loosing that war...um, I mean police action...it
will take you a long time to get over letting the situation beat you.

I'd like to see more advice on how to learn and become stronger from a
situation.

</vent>

There, *I* feel better now...how 'bout you?

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=