Re: HTML Help and the Browser

Subject: Re: HTML Help and the Browser
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- GJCTECH -dot- FORCE9 -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:59:06 +0100

Hi Steve,

You're not talking nonsense -- however, HTML Help Workshop does provide a
Java applet that Microsoft claims will work with any Java-enabled browser.
Unfortunately, I can't get it to work with Navigator 4 or Netscape
Communicator (although it does work with Navigator 3, and IE3.02 and above).
Please search the HTML Help Workshop 1.1 help for "Java applet". This tells
you how to embed the applet and how to deploy the result.

A thread on Winhlp-l is currently examining this issue. You can search the
winhlp-l archives at http://www.documentation.com -- search for "HTML Help
for non-IE users".

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- force9 -dot- net