Re: HTML Help and the Browser

Subject: Re: HTML Help and the Browser
From: Steve Riley <SRILEY -at- BCT-SYSTEMS -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:37:48 +0100

This is the big question of the moment, the
answer is currently no (for plain HTML help at
least). A cut down HTML help viewer has been
promised for some time but has not yet appeared.
The only way to be sure your viewers see your
HTML help in its full glory is to install
Internet Explorer (or state it as a prerequisite).
The consolation prize is that IE need not be the
default browser.

Steve

Note: I don't know about a Java solution, if I'm
talking nonsense, someone please point it out.

> Is there a little, free HTML/Java viewer that we could hitch to our
> application (or some other, better solution)? I'm imagining that when
> the app calls HTML help, it would automatically load that
> little viewer
> (a la WinHelp viewer) and not even bother with the big browser.
>
> Sabra

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=