Re: Word printing problem

Subject: Re: Word printing problem
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:37:14 -0500

In our previous episode, Jacqueline Porter said:

> Hello,
>
> We are having a problem with Word's footers. We are currently using
> version 7.0 on the PC. We have templates set up displaying information
> in the footer that work with U.S. 8 1/2 by 11 paper. The problem we are
> running into is when our international collegues try to print the
> documents on A2 paper, all the footers are lost. Has anyone run into
> this problem and found a solution? We have tried everthing over here
> short of throwing the computer out the window and storming Redmond.

Do you have any PostScript printers? If so, that may be the easiest
solution. Go to the Printer Properties dialog box, and look for
Scaling -- it's in different places, depending on the printer driver.
Change the scaling to, say, 90%. Then the whole page ought to fit on
the page. This only works with PostScript drivers on PostScript
printers, as far as I know.

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"If you can forgive your parents and forgive the Cubs, you can save
about $25,000 in therapy."
-- Steve Goodman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=