Word 97 Graphics Display Problem

Subject: Word 97 Graphics Display Problem
From: Margaret Becker <marg -at- MCNEEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:48:49 -0500

My documents use linked .tif graphics not saved in the documents. When I
open the graphics from another computer - either from a directory on a
network or by moving them to another directory, the size information
changes. For example: I captured a small screen. It's about 1.5 x 3 inches
on the screen. If I bring the graphic into Paint Shop Pro, it displays at
1:1 at the same size it was captured. If I bring it into Word, it looks
fine, too. Now I move over to another computer and open the Word document.
Now the Size tab tells me the picture is 11"x14" and is sized down to 20%.
If I press F9 to update the graphic, it resizes itself to this huge size.
This does not happen with JPG or some other formats, but unfortunately my
document has hundreds of these graphics in Tif format and I can't work on
the document without the graphics all going haywire.

Does anybody have any suggestions? MS technical support does not seem to
know how to handle this problem.

Margaret Becker
Robert McNeel & Associates

marg -at- mcneel -dot- com