Re: HTML help vs. Web Help

Subject: Re: HTML help vs. Web Help
From: Janice Karin <janice -at- INTERSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:54:03 -0400

At 09:26 AM 8/17/98 -0400, Gina Hertel wrote:
>What is the difference between HTML Help and Web Help?

HTMLHelp is the Microsoft version of HTML-based help. It requires IE to run.
Web Help was designed by Blue Sky to work on both IE4 and Netscape4. HTMLHelp
ships as a single compressed (.chm) file which contains all related files.
Web
Help doesn't compress its files -- you ship hundreds or thousands of small
individual files.

Both formats can be created from RoboHTML. You can also convert WinHelp
projects into either format.

Do they want context-sensitive help? If so, the process is pretty different
(on the development side) for the two formats.

Janice

>One of my clients wants an HTML based help system to support a web-based
>application. I'm using (and learning) RoboHTML. Will this do the trick?
>Any advice?
>
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=