Re: HTML help vs. Web Help

Subject: Re: HTML help vs. Web Help
From: Steve Arrants <SArrants -at- DATAFUSION -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:01:17 -0700

HTMLHelp is Microsoft's HTML-based Help system. NetHelp is Netscape's.
They're pretty much incompatible, and depend on the specific browser
(IE4/Communicator) for controlling and displaying the Help content. Web
Help is a 'generic' solution from Blue-Sky, that doesn't really care if
you're using IE or Communicator.

> One of my clients wants an HTML based help system to support
> a web-based
> application. I'm using (and learning) RoboHTML. Will this
> do the trick?
> Any advice?

RoboHTML will create both HTMLHelp and NetHelp, as well as Web Help.

Stephen Arrants, Jr.
DATAFUSION, Inc.
139 Townsend Street Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94107-1922