Re: On-Line Help project--sorting it out

Subject: Re: On-Line Help project--sorting it out
From: Janice Karin <janice -at- INTERSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:06:22 -0400

At 09:59 AM 8/17/98 -0400, Brian, Flaherty wrote:
<snip>
> While WebHelp ports okay to the Windows platform, I
>do not know how it ports over to Macs, Unix systems and >mainframes.

It should work on any platform which has support for either IE4 or Netscape
4.
It just ships as HTML files and gifs.
<snip>
>Navigator cannot fully render HTML Help.

It can't see it at all -- it is totally ActiveX-based. In any case, HTML Help
will never actually be viewed in a browser -- It has a help viewer. This
viewer ships with IE4 and consists of a single Activex Control in IE3.02 plus
the "Help Viewer" downloadable from MS site.

I can't see Netscape supporting Microsoft HTML Help any time in the near
future. It would be a lot of work involving support for ActiveX, some type of
mechanism for unpacking the .chm files, and other assorted tasks.

Janice

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=