Re: Bidding on Projects

Subject: Re: Bidding on Projects
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 11:46:50 -0500

In a message dated 97-11-21 15:15:29 EST, nolanmj -at- hotmail -dot- com writes:

<< The company has indicated that this is just the first project up for
grabs- there will be others in the near future.>>
Yeah, well, they will say that.

Maybe. But don't give anything away on the expectation of that alone. One
big consideration is their financial stability. If they look cash rich, be
encouraged. On the other hand, if there's lots of empty desks around and
more names of former than present employees on their documents, they may well
just be trying to get you to give them a break now in hopes of future work.

< I'm wondering if any of you have words of wisdom from personal experience
or more importantly "lessons learned" you could share with me? >>
See above....

Jim Chevallier
Los Angeles
Currently available for contract/freelance work
Visit Chez Jim: Jim Chevallier's Home Page - http://www.gis.net/~jimcheval