Re: Which computer to buy?

Subject: Re: Which computer to buy?
From: Bill Brucksch <bbruck -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:12:20 -0800

Mark,

For what it's worth, I think it's time. Once you move to Windows, your
professional life will get simpler and more easy to manage, in my opinion.
Not that the Windows OS etc is better, just more universally used.

Sometimes we have to opt for marketability to make sure we can continue to
put food on the table, etc. On an emotional level, I empathise; on a
pragmatic, professional level, it's time.

Regards,
Bill Brucksch

----------
> From: Santacroce, Marc <santacro -at- VISA -dot- COM>
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
> Subject: Which computer to buy?
> Date: Thursday, November 13, 1997 11:03 AM
>
> Sorry if this is a lilttle off subject, I am about to upgrade, and
> needed to poll your collective thoughts on whether I should buy a
> Macintosh or a WIndows95 or NT4.0 machine.
>
> I am a contract techniucal writer, currently using a mac powerbook
> 190cs,. It's a little too slow for me. I either need to upgrade to a
> more powerful mac, or a Win95/NT machine.
>
> Although I have word and frame versions for the mac, I need to upgrade
> to the latest versions. Most of my clients use the Win95 OS, but using
> my mac and mac versions of Word and Frame has been transparent to them,
> except for the occasional file transfer problem.
>
> I am a bit concerned that I have not been able to find on-line help
> tools (such as Robohelp) for the mac, and I wonder if this is keeping me
> from staying current in my profession.
>
> So I'm asking for your advice,is it time to leave a machine and
> operating system I love.
>
> Marc Santacroce
> Technical Writer
> santacroce -at- aol -dot- com
> santacro -at- visa -dot- com

> Commands: mailto:listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g. SIGNOFF TECHWR-L)
> Archives: http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html,
> Subjects: JOB:, QUESTION:, SUMMARY:, ANNOUNCE:, or none of these.

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!