Which computer to buy?

Subject: Which computer to buy?
From: "Santacroce, Marc" <santacro -at- VISA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 11:03:48 -0800

Sorry if this is a lilttle off subject, I am about to upgrade, and
needed to poll your collective thoughts on whether I should buy a
Macintosh or a WIndows95 or NT4.0 machine.

I am a contract techniucal writer, currently using a mac powerbook
190cs,. It's a little too slow for me. I either need to upgrade to a
more powerful mac, or a Win95/NT machine.

Although I have word and frame versions for the mac, I need to upgrade
to the latest versions. Most of my clients use the Win95 OS, but using
my mac and mac versions of Word and Frame has been transparent to them,
except for the occasional file transfer problem.

I am a bit concerned that I have not been able to find on-line help
tools (such as Robohelp) for the mac, and I wonder if this is keeping me
from staying current in my profession.

So I'm asking for your advice,is it time to leave a machine and
operating system I love.

Marc Santacroce
Technical Writer
santacroce -at- aol -dot- com