WORD bolding annoyance in my docs

Subject: WORD bolding annoyance in my docs
From: "McDonald, Nancy (The Registry)" <McDonalN -at- LCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:17:00 -0500

Hi, techwhirlers... I'm getting quite annoyed with my current task
today, and wondering if anyone has had this experience and knows what
might be causing/solving this problem:

I'm editing a document, and have both old and new, separate versions
appearing in Word97 on my screen, (I chose window/arrange all). I'm
copying from the edited version and pasting into the older version by
simply selecting w/ my mouse, ^C then ^V into my older version..

Every time I paste in the edit, it becomes bold in the version to be
edited. WHY????? I don't know. (he's on third.)

I've checked both docs: no bold toolbar button visible. So then I have
to put in ANOTHER stroke--to unbold... This is VERY annoying, and
distracting to my editing. I'm wondering what might be causing this
problem.

Any clues?

Nancy McDonald,
tech writer