Re: Resume ideas -Reply

Subject: Re: Resume ideas -Reply
From: Jeanette Feldhousen <jeanette_feldhousen -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 14:05:33 -0700

On May 15, 12:06pm, David Hailey wrote:
> Subject: Re: Resume ideas -Reply
> I recommend that you all pay attention to Buck's suggestions. Naturally I
> would since I make almost exactly the same ones. The only place I part
> company with him is on the 2-pagers. I agree that nobody is going to read
the
> second page, but it does give the resume a little more bulk (thud factor) and
> it gives you a place to list the less important jobs that might should be
> listed but nobody needs to read. I am not saying that you should have a
> 2-page resume, but that it probably doesn't hurt.

In my last job search, I had a 2-page resume. I that most of my education
ended up on the back of the page. One interviewer asked me about my
education in the interview--he hadn't noticed that it continued on the
back of the page. After that, I also worried that personnel departments
would copy only the first side and forward that to the hiring manager. Now
I wouldn't put anything on the second side unless I was willing for the
people doing the hiring not to see it--and in that case, why should I put
it on my resume?

--Jeanette

--
Jeanette Feldhousen jeanette_feldhousen -at- mentorg -dot- com
Mentor Graphics Corporation