Re: Project X

Subject: Re: Project X
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 12:25:00 -0600

It was too difficult to control the way the topics scrolled off the
screen, and there wasn't a way to scroll up in the hierarchy with the
mouse (except choosing Up a level from the menu)

Hmm. I've gone up and down with mouse easier than that. (The only time I
used the menu was when I was exploring, trying to figure out what it would
do.)

Personally I like both ways in concert with each other. The 3-D "flight"
through a site gives me a feel for how it's organized, sort of like a "You
are here" dot on a map. It lets me explore an unfamiliar site (if it
supports it) looking for points of interest that might otherwise be buried
several pages down, without having to load the pages. But once I've found
somewhere to "land" and started reading the pages, following the hyperlinks
is easier than flying to the next reference.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224