Re: Subject: Comma in equations?

Subject: Re: Subject: Comma in equations?
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 07:16:00 -0600

>A = (43,560)(160) = 6,969,600 ft^2 or A = (43560)(160) =
6969600 ft^2

I'd definitely go with the commas. Or, if the number is short on
significant digits, go with scientific notation, such as 6.96x10^6.

Depends on locality. In Europe, a comma in a number means what a decimal does
here in the US, so you risk confusing non-US readers.

Have fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- p -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com