Project X

Subject: Project X
From: Jed Clark <jed -at- AUTOSIM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 08:54:15 -0700

>See Apple's "Project X" technology (there's a Netscape plug-in for it, as
>well as one for CyberDog). It's a way-cool way to let visitors get a feel
>for the oranization of your site.

>Have fun,
>Arlen

I checked out Apple's Project X. At first I thought it was a great
concept. But after several hours using it (just playing), I got extremely
frustrated trying to navigate around the topics. Some of the topics were
hidden, either behind other topics or on one of the 3-D walls. It was too
difficult to control the way the topics scrolled off the screen, and there
wasn't a way to scroll up in the hierarchy with the mouse (except choosing
Up a level from the menu). Eventually, I threw Project X away and went
back to more traditional methods of navigating the web (searches and
hypertext links).

Cheers,
Jed

In a minute there is time, for decisions and revisions
which a minute will reverse.
T.S. Eliot