Re: Document Management

Subject: Re: Document Management
From: jeansonj -at- DSTM -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 09:53:59 EST

I am also looking for a software tool to help my group manage many documents
with multiple versions. We are on a Novell network, and last year we tried a
software package called Versions for Documents 1.1 (Advanced Team Document
Creating and Control). We did not like Versions -- found it cumbersome.
However, they may have a new version out that is easier to use.

Any recommendations?

Jerold

Jerold Jeansonne, Ph.D.
Manager, Technical Communications
Datastream Systems, Inc.
800-955-6775 ext. 5114 / (FAX) 864-422-5000
Internet: jeansonj -at- dstm -dot- com
Datastream Web Page: http://www.dstm.com/

Subject: Document Management
Author: Tammy Hale <tammyh -at- FGM -dot- COM> at Internet
Date: 8/28/96 3:19 PM

Hey everyone,

I would like to generate a discussion on managining
many documents (about 60) with multiple versions of
each (about 8). Our company is trying to resuse text
(much like code reuse) and develop a system of
configuration management for our docs.

Can anyone recommend specific tools? We are a Mac-based
company so I would especially welcome recommendations
for that platform.

I apologize if this topic has been covered before. Some
weeks I get so busy I don't have time to read the TECHWR-L
digests. Consequently, I'm not aware of all the topics
that are discussed here.

Thank you.

Tammy Hale
tammyh -at- fgm -dot- com