System Requirements Definition

Subject: System Requirements Definition
From: Keith Posner <posner -at- SODALIA -dot- IT>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 11:32:56 +0200

Hallo all

Thanks very much for your information on the telephony dictionary. I will
summarize the information in a separate mail.

I have another question:

My job, which until now has been focussed around standard technical writing
(ie producing software user guides, online help, user training materials) is
undergoing a change in emphasis. As of July I shall be involved in software
requirements definition as my major function. Although I've had some limited
involvement in requirements type work over the past year and a half, this is
the first time that I will be responsible for managing requirements definition
for an entire project.

Does anyone on the list have experience in this field? Do you have any advice.
I'm particularly interested in information on potential pitfalls (and how to
avoid them!), how your technical writing skills helped in this work etc etc.
Reading or other formal information source would also be appreciated. So far
I've looked at the ANSI Standard 'IEEE Guide to Software Requirements
Specification'.

Looking forward to your replies.

Best regards

Keith Posner