Re: Presentation Advice Needed

Subject: Re: Presentation Advice Needed
From: "Julie A. E. Tholen" <tholeja -at- ANUBIS -dot- NETWORK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 13:46:20 CDT

> From: Julie Zagorski[SMTP:juliez -at- NIGHTOWL -dot- NET]
> 300
> people will be present. <snip> The coordinator of the conference has
> given the choice of using an "OCR" or transparencies. While I am
> accustomed to using transparencies, I want to be as "Technologically
> correct" as possible.
> Can anyone tell me where to find information about setup and use of this
> OCR system? Am I correct in thinking it is connected to a computer and
> broadcast the screen functions onto a very big viewing screen? <<<
> ===========
> Bev Parks responded:
... the coordinator may have been thinking of
> a projection panel. This is a device that is connected to a
> computer--usually a laptop--and placed onto the overhead projector. It
> projects the screen image onto a projection screen.

If Bev is right, that it is a project panel (sometimes called an LCD), then
you might as if you can use PowerPoint to prepare your "slides". Fun app, great
slides, just don't use a dark blue background with red lettering - unreadable
for the audience. Remember to watch your point size, and if possible, display
it in a similar size room before the presentation, to check for readability.

Have fun!

Jules "Life is short. Eat dessert first"
(J.A.E. Tholen) Network Systems Corporation
612.391.1354 7600 Boone Avenue North
tholeja -at- anubis -dot- network -dot- com Minneapolis, MN 55428

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net