Re: Presentation Advice Needed

Subject: Re: Presentation Advice Needed
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 09:24:00 MST

From: Julie Zagorski[SMTP:juliez -at- NIGHTOWL -dot- NET]
>>> I have the honor of speaking at an upcoming conference where 250 -
300
people will be present. <snip> The coordinator of the conference has
given the choice of using an "OCR" or transparencies. While I am
accustomed to using transparencies, I want to be as "Technologically
correct" as possible.
Can anyone tell me where to find information about setup and use of this
OCR system? Am I correct in thinking it is connected to a computer and
broadcast the screen functions onto a very big viewing screen? <<<
Julie, I think instead of OCR, the coordinator may have been thinking of
a projection panel. This is a device that is connected to a
computer--usually a laptop--and placed onto the overhead projector. It
projects the screen image onto a projection screen.

OCR can stand for "optical character recognition" or "optical character
reader". I don't understand how an OCR would be used in a presentation.

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net