TOOLS: Digest Management - MS Exchange

Subject: TOOLS: Digest Management - MS Exchange
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 08:25:00 MST

This isn't quite on topic, but it frequently comes up that someone asks
how folks on digest manage their digests. One of the biggest problems
I've had with digests is saving information from them. In the past, I
either save the entire digest just for one or two messages, or I forward
the digest to myself and edit out what I don't want to keep before
sending it.

Well, I just discovered a wonderful feature of MS Exchange that seems
custom made for digest subscribers. (The is the only compliment I've
given this software, BTW.) MS Exchange lets you *edit* and save incoming
messages--even change the subject--without the need to reply or forward
them to somebody (such as yourself) or save them to a text file. You can
edit it in the same window that you are reading it. Also, change the
subject from "Whatever Digest #2002" to something more meaningful. Then
transfer the message to whatever folder you want and a window will pop up
and ask if you want to save your changes. Simple as that.

I apologize for the interruption. This discovery made me ecstatic; I just
had to share it. Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Bev Parks
parksb -at- huachuca-emh7 -dot- army -dot- mil
http://www.primenet.com/~bparks

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net