Tech writing to MarCom???

Subject: Tech writing to MarCom???
From: "Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395)" <ldkunz -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 13:25:46 EST

Jane Bergen asked:

> 4. Is the Marketing Communications PIC (national level) still around?
> My e-mail queries have gone unanswered. I sent e-mail to an address
> listed in a brochure I got from the national office.

Yes, it's still around. The PIC manager is Martha Bednarz.
You can reach Martha at onyxcom -at- delphi -dot- com -dot-

The STC Annual Conference will include sessions on MarCom; check
the preliminary program, which will appear in the next issue of
Intercom.

As far as words of wisdom for making the transition to MarCom:
You'll use a lot of the same skills you used in your last job, but
your projects will be much shorter in duration, you'll typically
work on several projects at once, and your primary purpose in
communicating will now be to persuade or inform *about* something
rather than informing *how to do* something.

Larry Kunz
STC Assistant to the President for Professional Development
ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com