Troubleshooting

Subject: Troubleshooting
From: Elizabeth Huth <elizabeth_huth -at- GILBARCO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 08:01:49 EST

Whirlers:

I'm working on a hardware service manual that will include a Troubleshooting
section. I am interested to learn how others organize this section. I will be
listing the information in a table format with the headings similar to
"Problem," "Cause," and "Actions to take."

My question is how would be the best way to list the problems. Alphabetize them?
List by major section? For example a car might have problem sections for engine,
fuel system, etc.

Opinions anyone?

Elizabeth Huth