Re: salary history?

Subject: Re: salary history?
From: Sue Ellen Adkins <sea -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 1995 22:07:33 -0700

Robert Plamondon wrote:
> >> Only those resumes that include salary history will be considered.

> >Can someone please explain exactly what is meant by the above. I
> >would be curious to see a sample response. (Fictious figures are fine)

> I would never disclose my current salary (let alone a historical
> breakdown) at the resume-submitting stage. That's a
> final-negotiation item. Nor would I put it on an employment
> application. Salary negotiation is a serious business -- not something
> to be cast away just because someone left a blank on an application.

<snip>

I consider salary to be one type of compensation. It's a common practice here
in the Silicon Valley to have start-up companies offer stock options and a
lower salary. I agree with you that compensation requires serious
negotiation. Besides, what is the relationship between my current salary and
my worth?

Sue Ellen Adkins
sea -at- netcom -dot- com