Re: Definately

Subject: Re: Definately
From: Sue Ellen Adkins <sea -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 18:45:17 -0700

> I've seen "definately" so many times recently on so many lists that
> it can't be a typo. A large number of people seem to believe that's
> the correct spelling of "definitely."

> I know, I know. So what. Perhaps I'm just in a curmudgeonly mood
> recently, but I find it annoying. :-(

> Perhaps someone with psychological insight can explain to me why
> it bothers me so much. ...RM

I've found that as I learn more about a subject I grow to appreciate it more.
The subtle differences in wine must be learned, just as writing is learned.
Writers can identify poor writing as quickly as tailors can spot an ill-
fitting suit. I think it's all a matter of taking pride in one's craft.

Just my $.02.

Sue Ellen Adkins
sea -at- netcom -dot- com