Re: salary history?

Subject: Re: salary history?
From: David Demyan <concord -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 05:13:02 -0700

You wrote:

>Generally, "Only those resumes that include salary history will be
>considered." means you're talking to 1) a sweat shop, 2) a headhunter with a
>very little or no percentage for getting resumes, 3) a nickel and dime
>operation, 4) all of the above. If the only certain filter being used to
>screen resumes is one with a salary history. Forget it-- unless you really
>need the opportunity.

Emily, I tend to agree, and that's from the contract recruiter point of
view. I would add that I personally try to avoid employers/clients who
stress salary in this way. The message they are sending, loud and clear,
is "We're not as interested in quality as we are in cheap. Send us your
cheapest." I wonder if they realize how transparent they are being? Most
employers/clients don't want you to see the warts until you are hooked
into a job/assignment.

Dave Demyan *** Mendem Concord, Inc.
(908) 753-8500 *** One Mountain Blvd.
concord -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com *** Warren, NJ 07059
FAX: (908) 754-8224