Re: Eyeburn

Subject: Re: Eyeburn
From: Paul David Marvel <marvel -at- BRAHMS -dot- UDEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 09:11:23 -0400

About blinking:

I read a study once that said the monitor should be 10 degrees below eye
level. The reason is that when you look above the horizon you blink less
and your eyes are drier. The article claimed that putting the moniter on
the desk instead of on the processor can reduce eye strain.

> If you are doing a lot of graphics work or editing with a number of
> documents open, you may be tending to staring at the screen and,
> literally, not blinking as often as usual. This causes the eyeballs to
> get a bit dry and hence sore. Again, goes away in a couple of days.

-paul marvel -at- brahms -dot- udel -dot- edu