Re: Who's the author?

Subject: Re: Who's the author?
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 13:32:27 PST

Emily Skarzenski writes:

> Here's another idea: *sneak* your name in somewhere. My favorite place is in
> screen grabs. When writing software manuals, I often have to come up with a
lot
> of "dummy data" for screen pictures. I make sure to use my own name at least
> once. In fact, along the lines of Mike's "Everybody" idea, I often include
names
> of programmers, testers, etc., because it's also the only way they are
> recognized in print for all their hard work on a project.

Hahaha!! Oh my, I was laughing real hard when I read this!! I don't
"sneak" my name in -- I'm blatantly sticking it in everywhere I need
a name for an example!! Which is quite often since, with reference
management programs, you need author names (egads! did I say
"author"?) quite often! I also use the programmer's names, when I
need more than one name.

Sneak... hahaha, giggle!!

Oh, BTW, we do include the programmers' names, and my name, in the
"About" dialogs. Funny thing, though -- we don't specify what the
people are responsible for. Our names are just listed in plain old
alpha order.

Still giggling,
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com