Re: Who's the author?

Subject: Re: Who's the author?
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 13:41:13 -0800

Emily wrote:

>Here's another idea: *sneak* your name in somewhere. My favorite place
>is in screen grabs. When writing software manuals, I often have to come
>up with a lot of "dummy data" for screen pictures.

I use this a lot, too. It's usually a hit with the users and the
client, both.

Another way I've solved the problem ties in to being a contractor -- I
find it EASIER to get credit in that situtation. I guess the theory is
that if the company paid for it obviously and directly, you must have
really done something worth crediting. I just include a little
statement on the copyright page: "User Guide and online help created by
Manual Labour."

I've never had a client who had a problem with that.

Bonni Graham
Owner, Manual Labour
bonnig -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com