Re: Well Said Richard

Subject: Re: Well Said Richard
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 17:24:19 -0500

Very well stated Richard! I have a strong preference for printed
documentation. You can always carry it to the library and read it there.
I look at the monitor enough every work day. I gladly welcome the chance
to get away from it periodically.

Joe

+
+ Personally, if I have software that has sophisticated (read
+ complex) features, then I am willing and demand hardcopy
+ docs. Online stuff is great to get started and jog your
+ memory about features you don't use every day. But if I'm
+ trying to learn the details of some complex task that takes a
+ few pages to explain and requires jumps to other related
+ material, then I'd rather do it away from my monitor. That's
+ not because I'm using an amber screen either. I have a nice
+ hi-res monitor that displays help very nicely -- I just don't
+ like to read _pages_ worth of info on my monitor. JMHO.

+ Rich